Let our experts help you overcome bad breath in Berkshire
Save on mints
At Old Windsor, we understand the problems that having bad breath Berkshire can present. While compulsory face masks and mints may help to keep your bad breath to yourself, they do not solve the problem at its root.
In these current times of unprecedented challenges, it has never been more vital to look after ourselves and others. While having bad breath Berkshire may not seem all that important at first, it can be an indicator that something serious is developing.
However, rather than fret, anyone who feels that their bad breath is causing them problems – both socially and healthwise – should contact us here at Old Windsor and let us bring the freshness back to your breath.
Causes of bad breath
Bad breath, or halitosis as it is sometimes called, is a very common problem that most adults experience at some point in their lives. While it can be embarrassing, it usually doesn’t require any more treatment than a stick of gum.
However, there may be some instances where consistent bad breath may be an indicator that something is wrong with your oral health. Below are some of the most commonly found reasons for bad breath Berkshire.
- Diet – Unsurprisingly, the food you eat can play a massive part in how your breath smells. Certain foods such as onions, garlic, and spices can cause bad breath and also eating excesses of sugary foods or sweets.
- Smoking – Tobacco products, such as cigarettes or cigars, can also cause bad breath as the tobacco smell often lingers. Smokers are also more likely to suffer from gum disease – which often causes bad breath.
- Bad oral hygiene – Failing to brush and floss your teeth regularly is another one of the most common causes of bad breath. When we eat, food particles remain on the surface of our teeth long after we have finished. If they are not removed through brushing, they develop into plaque (a sticky bacterial film). Plaque can irritate your teeth and gums and even cause periodontal disease to develop – which is the leading cause of adult tooth loss.
What can Old Windsor do for me?
While these causes may sound drastic, anyone who has bad breath needn’t worry. At Old Windsor, our expert dental hygienists are more than capable of restoring your teeth to full health.
One way they can achieve this is through a two-step process called a ‘scale and polish’ procedure. This is effectively a deep-clean of your mouth designed to remove any plaque and bacteria from anywhere it may have formed.
A scale and polish procedure from us usually takes three steps.
- Your gum and tooth health will be professionally assessed by a hygienist – to determine whether or not any gum disease is present and how much cleaning you require.
- They will then use hand-held dental tools alongside an ultrasound scraper to remove any build-ups or pockets of plaque, tartar, and bacteria – paying particular attention to any gaps between your teeth or gums.
- Following this comes the ‘polish’. This is when a professional dental polishing tool is used to shine and buffer the patient’s surface enamel throughout their mouths. This leaves their teeth visibly cleaner and fresher looking, and as healthy as they can be.
Anyone who feels that bad breath is negatively affecting their self-esteem or confidence should speak to our staff here at Old Windsor today, and let us clean away your troubles.