If you are self-conscious about the shade of your teeth or if you have staining on some of your teeth, professional teeth whitening treatment is a safe and recommended option for you to consider. Here is how teeth whitening works:
- You will be assessed for the type of staining your teeth have.
- A custom tray is made to fit snugly over your teeth.
- The teeth whitening process is activated by a bleaching agent, which is inserted into the custom tray that transfers it onto your teeth.
Home teeth whitening kits are also available to lighten the teeth more gradually. In this case, the trays with bleaching agent can be worn overnight. With all whitening treatment, individual results will vary and are dependant on your initial tooth colour and the nature of your tooth staining.
- Effective solution for certain types of tooth discolouration and staining.
- Safe treatment when delivered by a dental professional.
- Cosmetically enhances the appearance of teeth.
We deliver two types of teeth whitening:
1. Power Whitening
Here your teeth are whitened in the dental chair. A protective barrier is placed on your gums and lips, and a gel is placed on your teeth. A lamp is positioned over the teeth and this activates the bleaching process. Watch this clip to see how it works. After one hour you can expect your teeth to look a few shades brighter and is a popular choice with many patients who have an important event coming up where they want to look their best.
2. Home Whitening
Here we custom-make a lightweight plastic mouth tray for you that fits snugly over your teeth. You then put a whitening gel inside the tray and wear it at night or for a few hours during the day. Results are normally seen over 2 weeks and your teeth will also appear whiter and brighter.