Braces in Windsor »
- Removable orthodontics appliances are a common alternative to fixed braces. They work well for patients who have milder and simpler alignment problems with a few front teeth. Sometimes they are also used for younger patients who still have some baby teeth in place.
- The huge benefit of removable appliances is that they can be taken out for daily cleaning, meaning that the problems some patients experience with keeping their teeth clean when wearing conventional braces evaporate.
- With most removable braces, you should keep them in while eating unless your orthodontist tells you otherwise. Some foods, such as toffee and other hard sweets, should be avoided because they can damage your braces. You should still be able to enjoy hard foods such as crusty bread or apples, so long as you cut them up first.
- Invisalign is a clear, removable system of aligners that are an alternative to braces. Instead of a conventional brace, Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to gently adjust the position of your teeth.
- Each course of Invisalign aligners is bespoke, so they fit your teeth perfectly. With the aid of a 3D animated computer program, you will also be able to see what results to expect at each stage of treatment.
- Invisalign aligners should be removed for eating and drinking and for brushing and flossing your teeth, but should be worn at all other times. You will need to visit your orthodontist approximately every six weeks to check you aligners are working as planned, and will change aligners on average every fortnight. The overall course of treatment is usually between 18 and 24 months.